Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I feel Jazzy


This entire morning seems to give me a soothing and comfy feeling, where I suddenly got inspired by jazz and big band. I always love this beloved genre and it never seems to end for me. I loves Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Michael Buble, Peter Cincotti and so many more.

I was listening to Ella's songs for whole morning and got back to the moment where I first arrived in UK: quiet, dim yellow lights, unpacking my stuffs while enjoying Ella's songs to feel relax and calm, and to get away from feeling home sick. I remembered Ella's songs had actually always be there for my midnight hours for rushing my MA projects.

I always love "I've Got A Crush On You" from Ella Fitzgerald with the lovely phrase " I've got a crush on you, sweetie pie". I really love her low voice and her vocal is effortless: she is such a nightingale.

One of her live performances of the song

Sometimes, for me, jazz relates to big band and I just adores big band performance. From this idea, P.Ramlee came into my mind. Maybe there's quite a number of advertisements about "P. Ramlee, The Musical". I love his music. He is very talented.

And it then leads me to think of "Sean Ghazi". I watched his performance on TV where he performed live for a P. Ramlee-kind-of-genre's song for an award show. I found out about the song name and it's called "Ku Impikan Bintang" and "Semalam". It is very nice.

Sean Ghazi's on Ku Impikan Bintang

Well, it was a great jazzy morning. I had a great moment: a jazzy little private moment.

No comments: