Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Evening Gown - Collage Frame

I remembered I got the inspiration of this piece from Tuck Loong, where he showed me one foreign artist who uses stitches of needles and cloths to form illustration on board or paper. I just love it and was really wondering if I could create or mimic it by designing one of it.

The coincidence moment happened when an Illustrator, and indeed a friend, Lay Heong, encouraged me of exploring fine art by creating a suggestive of smaller frame for me. I just use the frame and also, my thoughts of feminism and fashion, and of course, my ability in crafts to create this piece. I just have the passion of evening gown and how collage can make this 3D looking frame more obvious as an art piece. Here you go!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

a nice 1...:)

Wai Khong said...

thanks so much :>

amykinoko said...

i shd have asked you to do my hair for my wedding dinner, then i can look inches taller.. haha..! this is a very nice piece of art.. good work!

Wai Khong said...

hahaha.. yeah! i was thinking it could be more elaborated.... but well.. never mind la.. next time.. ur fancy dinner