Saturday, August 16, 2008

Labbit's Illusion

Today seems to be finest Saturday of the month because it lead me to have great mood; and while I walked home, the weather was really nice and cooling; windy but no sunny; no sweaty for me and I got real prepared for one aim: complete my recent painting. I got home with a satisfied feeling and without really hesitated, I started what I had not completed.

I'm not coming from illustration background but whenever I hold a brush when I feel like painting or even scribble, I really feel the energy and the urge of me to deeply venture into my painting's world. Recently, I managed to sketch out a different style of mine where I wanted to get out of my style of using alot of warm colours and fierce textures with gradient.

Before the painting, I have decided to look for some inspirations through Flickr. I did a simple research and found some great paintings that worth me mentioning:

I love this painting above because of the approach of colours were used and the daring strokes that being applied.
I like this concept of the painting and it is funny in its idea. I loves the rabbit too.



This formation of the area and territories are interesting and the feeling of completeness is there.


This painting reflects some of my strokes with curvy and ornament patterns to fill in all sorts of corners.

I loves this. The balancing of patterns and the textures around the pear - great. I just love it.

After all those paintings above as my references, made me inspired and came up with my own version of a painting. I would like to thanks them for giving me different touch of inspiration: DerStruwwelpeter for the Rabbit's painting, Roxo89, AndyZzZ, and the rest of the artists (Sorry for not knowing some of them).

My workspace is always the precious floor of the hall in my apartment. Hahaha! Well, usually, for weekend, when I'm in good mood for painting, the floor is my workspace where I rest myself on the floor, holding the canvas for painting, but also watch TV at the same time. Like just now, I was distracted by Olympic news. But, well professionally, I did managed my painting too.

Well, after an afternoon of hard work for finishing and crafting my painting to be the best ( I think!), here is my painting. Introducing..... Labbit's Illusion .

I think it is a new step ahead for me because I'm venturing into different colours usage and exploring different approach in patterns and texturing. In the same time, I also sees the significant strokes and styles of mine in the painting. I just love the outcome. It is a new benchmark.


I was excited over the outcome and asked my housemate to look at the painting and he commented of the paintings to be more pastel instead of my previous style. Winks ** I successfully did it in purpose. He also commented about the consistency of strokes so that's why we made comparison of my previous painting and this recent one. Yeah it does show my style, but it is different now. I will keep on exploring. (Cross my finger and never give up!)

(Having my favourite drink, Malta while finishing this line. Hint - new project coming up - more like Project Runway!!!)

4 comments:

yenc said...

HAhha finally something new instead of miao miao =P

I tot u will paint joo joo... when r u gonna paint me ah? Joo Joo neh!! (^(00)^) <<< this?

Wai Khong said...

cannot cannot... no joo joo!!

yenc said...

I WAN JOO JOO!!!
JOO JOO !!!

I WAN JOO JOO!!!
JOO JOO !!!

I WAN JOO JOO!!!
JOO JOO !!!

I WAN JOO JOO!!!
JOO JOO !!!

Wai Khong said...

cannoooTTTTTTTTT