Friday, August 22, 2008

First Practice with the Acoustics

First of all, I must thank Nelson and Emmanuel for inviting me to be part of the performance in coming Moon Cake Festival Celebration in The One Academy. Well, Nelson's efforts to arrange everything were really inviting and great. Salutes!

Well, besides being the vocalist for the performance, I really had no idea of the whole arrangement until two days ago. Finally, we (me and the rest of the people who are performing with me) met up on Tuesday night (22/08/08) at Emmannuel's studio and had our jamming session. They called it "jamming" but I refered it as .. well... "practice". hahaha. I was introduced to Bern and Venu, Nelson's friends, and they are in charged of the bass guitar and tabla, respectively. Emmanuel is on acoustic guitar for rhythm and Nelson on lead, if I'm not mistaken. Earlier, they had already pre-arranged the songs that I had recommended to sing.

They already knew how the chords goes especially for the Chinese song that I'm going to sing. But they had no idea of the melody until I started singing on that night. They were alright and pleased with my singing and of course, the melody of the song.

For the English song, well, they knew it quite well and we had fun doing it. They were professional enough to understand the mood, the melody and the overall touch that song could go for. So, basically, I had no problem with the song at all. I just hope I sing better. Maybe I shall stand.

Well, we were still in dilemma to decide one more song to perform. But on today's afternoon, I received a text from Nelson, and he suggested to me about this song by Peter Green. I have no bloody idea about Peter Green until now.

And at this moment now, after the steamboat buffet dinner I had with colleagues, I returned to my room, searching through You Tube for that song to get better idea about it. I'm still feeling full in my stomach because of many intakes of foods from the buffet. Burp! I know I couldn't really sleep yet with full stomach and that's why I keep searching for Peter Green and knowing what is it all about with that song and how special it is.

Wow.wow.wow. Peter Green seems to be a big shot for blues rock and when I first listened to the song, I just love it. It is catchy and nice. But it is totally out of my genres. I decide to take the dare. I will do that song. I replied to Nelson's and will give it a shot. I shall decide which version it is best for me, as the song had many interpretations by many artists who actually re-cover the song before.

To look out for the performance, it's on 12th August 2008. I'm excited over it. I shall record it down for my portfolio. Hahaha.

No comments: