Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Mummy: Dragon Emperor - The Movie & Interactive


Alright. I really have to put in some insights of my discovery of the best and worst of two distinguished things I discovered. Let's start with "The Mummy - Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor". I was really lucky to get premiere tickets to watch this anticipated movie. I always long and love The Mummy because I adored historical elements especially Egypt. The premiere was at 9pm, and on 30th July, in Cineleisure, Damansara. The reason being that the movie will be up on screening on 31st July. The security check was tight and no digital devices such as hand phones and cameras were allowed. They even have this device to check through like the one we used to experience only in Immigration when one goes overseas.

The movie went on well and without really obvious cut scenes from censorship board. And, the movie went on well. And it went on alright. The problem was .. hmm I sensed no humours that I could laugh, and I could not feel the thrills that I always have for previous one. I must blamed on the actress, Maria Bello for over acting her drama and her fighting scenes were fake. I miss Rachel Weisz. She is natural and great for The Mummy.

I must also critic on Luke Ford's acting (Brendan's son in the movie).There was one scene where he supposed to look worried and scared from behind some objects. But, he really look fake with his poor acting. There's no chemistry between Brendan, Luke and Maria like a family, not like the one we had watched in Indiana Jones. I also sensed similarity of the family relationship of this one with Indiana Jones, but this seems to be not working.

The China's stories: Okay, for any Chinese in the world would have think this story is fake, but this time, it is worst than that. The story turns to be worst than fake, but there's no efforts to ensure the story is with better substance. I actually awaited how they could twist the whole thing again from The Mummy's substance. Believe me: it is nothing believable or amazing.

About Chinese's characters: Michelle Yeoh had great acting because no other characters, even Brendan himself could shine in their acts. Disappointing. Isabella Leong - for being Michelle's daughter - how could she have American slang all over her and claimed she is someone so ancient. That was a joke.

About Chinese's elements: Well, it is alright with most Chinese touches, except few BIG issue: How could Michelle Yeoh wearing something that could show off her cleavage in ancient time? Or she supposed to be pre-modern in fashion? The color of her clothings is too modern. Then, let's talk about the dragon. The dragon is medieval. How can a medieval dragon appears in China? Now let's move on a scene called Shangri La. The name already sucks big time but well, the scene about Shangri La was impressive but looks so Dubai, too grand, perhaps a modern ancient holy city? And last thing I want to mention about Yeti - what is Yeti? Am I in movie of "Chronicles of Narnia"? It was confusing.

I think the movie is alright. Perhaps poorer than alright. Those who plan to watch this movie without believing me: please make sure you bring a great palm so you can rest your face on it when you feel bored.

Well, I browsed through the interactive website and I think it is a great website. Basically, you watched most interesting scenes in it. So don't really bother to waste another RM10 for the movie:

The Mummy Interactive Trailer Site


Perhaps there's too many Eastern things that we have seen lately: Miss World is Miss China that doesn't deserves, Olympic in Beijing, Red Cliff as Chinese epic movie, Jackie Chan and Jet Li (again) in the monkey acting movie, that looks like a circus show and so many other things. We are all over loaded with the Eastern-ish influence and we cannot accept lies in this movie. If it is greatly interpreted, it will be another great Mummy movie. So sorry for my anticipation. I shall rest.

3 comments:

Cross Road said...

hey fren,
i think i will save my money this round, waste no time, waste no money....

Joanne said...

wow! great review!!! i think ur blogging is more interesting than the movie! hahaha...

Wai Khong said...

Thank you! It's so ashamed.