Friday, July 04, 2008

Back to Basic!

It was a terrible night last night after a drink of white coffee. Predictably, I couldn't sleep even it was wee hours in the morning. I started looking into basic design book and was interested to find out more about basic shape and form.

Then this morning, I started looking into random shapes to build some design. It was fascinated to create outcomes of design within the shapes I just simply gathered. Shapes are a basic element of design. And it is still effective.I started up with creating a little robot because I think geometric shapes are very mechanical and it is in fact suitable to form a mechanical machine, a robot.Well basic shapes also could be found in interior foundation. So I thought of creating a house instead. It looks quite fun.Then I wondered if I could modified and build it to become a precious castle. It looks quite cool too as a castle. It communicates alright to be a castle.Then I have the urge to create something more organic, something more lively from a death looking shapes. I managed to create a chicken or a bird. I just love this exploration. Given more time, I will experiment more on this shapes.

1 comment:

ladywinters said...

[grin] the last one looks more like a peacock than a chicken. reminds me of playing with tangrams