Monday, July 14, 2008

Flowery Weekend


The whole weekend was really packed. I shall elaborate more for the upcoming updates. It's long and lengthy. Anyway, yesterday night, I received fresh flowers from Cameron Highlands, and it is for me to experiment and try my luck to create styles as wedding decoration for a friend's wedding. There's nothing like a direction because it is still open for creativity to expand and see how things goes.

I felt thrilled and shocked for the bunch of flowers I received and faced little traumatic because I did not know how to begin. I did a conventional start, by cutting off sponge and dipped it with water for stand arrangement. Previously, we went for hunting for materials and I found a shop in Petaling Street to get all the stands and sponges we needed in cheap price. So, it was an initial idea to create a stand arrangement.

For stand arrangements, according to rough plan, it should highlights a dinner setup in a school hall. It is difficult as it is. I thought deeply and proposed that it would be nice to use vibrant colors as flowers arrangement. Here in this "prototype" or trial, I tried use deep red roses with yellow roses as top arrangements with white breaths, and pink with beige roses at lower arrangement with lavenders at the end. Just discussed with the bride, and it is ideally workable.

Then, I tried bridal hand bouquet arrangements. It was toughest. I never did that arrangement before. It was super difficult. I tried to be modern as I try the hand-grab method to arrange it. The first one was safe: using pinkish beige and white roses with white breaths and the outcome is decent indeed: looks bridal. Haha. I was not satisfied. The bouquet is smaller and more oval. I hate my hand.

The other one that I attempted was a tropical vibrant one: I actually saw this few purplish roses that look awful alone and it was a waste if I didn't use them as arrangement. With that, it was with an interesting idea to combine few different colors roses with white one, with lavenders and berries. It is exotic. I love it. I think practice makes perfect. This bouquet looks much better.

I spent hours on it and it leads me to mid night. I will try again tonight. Perhaps earlier. I need to time myself. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

U can do it, my dear ....