Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Singing for 14 Years !!

I have been singing for 14 years!! For good, or bad, or worst and glorious, I have been singing for many occasions: Asia Bagus!, Astro Talent Quest, Sony Face-Off Talent Competition, EON Talent Competition, MTV JVC Singing competition, high-school choir and quartets, charity show for Rotary Club, Old Boys Associations annual dinners, Centenary dinner for former school, staff annual dinners and alot of weddings. In fact, I even tried emcee-ing in Cantonese and English, for more than 5 weddings and few internal students/staffs events.


The best tryout and achievements were Asia Bagus!, Astro Talent Quest, Sony, EON and MTV JVC, respectively.

The most memorable moment was performing to school for the first time in Form Three, where I hardly sing anything or any tune. In fact, I hated my own voice, really!


The greatest "Star" feeling was the time, I was in Asia Bagus! and there were Indo-Chinese fans who wanted my signature on the poster. Haha!



The proudest moment was to be able to sing in front of old folks recently in the old folks home. It's purely charity and I felt touched when I sang the classic Chinese love song.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeYkaw_2g2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxtgTL9g55Y

The saddest moment was that I was eliminated from Astro Talent Quest to the finals. I was saddened by the choice of song I was forced to (the second choice, actually as they claimed that my both CDs were spoilt). I knew I could be there in finals. Well, never mind. Move on!

The funniest moment was singing a fast track and provoked audiences to be real high and dancing all along. I actually forgot most of my lyrics. Hahaha.

I just love to sing. I will keep singing. I remembered what Greg told me before : "Just keep singing and trying. Never give up". I did all the time. I will keep trying on any opportunity that comes. Thanks Greg for letting me sang in the group for the performance in school. If not, I won't know that I will be able to sing.

10 comments:

Szeshee said...

yea! keep on singing!!
i still remember when i was young, u and your friends, wai hong they all came to practise at kai ma house. still remember the turning ? i mean each of u all turn from back to front during the intro. understand what i mean ?

Szeshee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Szeshee said...

i cant really remember what song was that. just know that 1 group of u all were going to take part in a competition

feistydoll said...

found your blog :D hehe. wanna add on my link list.

haven't heard you singing for a long time. should invite me next time u performing yea.

kaism said...

my lecturer . seen you singing before . hope to see it again :)

Unknown said...

Waikong ~ you are too cute when you sing ~ you have a great voice!
when you come to Taiwan ~ definitely~ we have to go to KTV to enjoy your singing!!!

totally ignorant! said...

hey WaiKhong...So long no hear from you...Yes, you were my 'si-fu' ler..without you, there is no stpaul choir...u made it all happen..although we suck..i mean i suck...You r truly the fighter..R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!!

Wai Khong said...

so many messages! sorry.. didnt noticed... thanks for all comments.. i will still sing yeah!

Wai Khong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mirxu ♡ said...

O.O lecturer wai khong noe 2 sing well~! hahaha.. nice~