Thursday, February 26, 2009

Paintings for Christmas 08

I know this is old stuff; but worth to mention. I spent some time in November 08 to paint two petite paintings for two purposes: One as a gift for the person that was in ballot I picked and a Lucky Draw gift for Multimedia Department Christmas Party 08. Here you go:

The Lucky Draw painting - A Vibrant Flower Pot

I wanted the person who happened to pick my Lucky Draw gift to feel happy and vibrant all the time with the aura of the painting to decorate his or her house or workplace. It was a great experience painted it. The lucky person was Joanne Ng. Now, this painting is located near our workplace. Ha ha!

The Lucky Draw painting - Shoes

Can anybody guess who's the person's name in my ballot? Of course her la! Joanne Kok! The first reaction when I saw that name was "Oh my God! What's on earth will be a good gift for her?" - I knew very clearly that I shall paint for her, and straight away I knew about my object in the painting - nothing but Shoes! Shoes! and Shoes!
I did research about it and found out about some issues: Painting about shoes is going to be quite risky : either it's really cheap looking, fail badly or .. hmm... it's going to be difficult. Then, suddenly in my mind, I remembered there's this period of time where Joanne did show us her childhood photos and that was it! I found it! I knew what to do!
It's my inspiration of painting a pair of shoes with socks, on older patterned tiles. I wanted the shoes to be more highlighted. I picked red to be the color. The painting was carefully painted in layers. I managed to paint gracefully - it was nice gift. I'm glad that she likes it.
That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like like..^^