Friday, September 12, 2008

We did Great for the Performance!

We had just finished our performance few hours back and I felt it was a great outcome. I was satisfied with my singing and I was pleased with my band members. They did faboulously. I felt really good with the supports of friends, colleagues, students and even some graduated students who came and witnessed our live performance. I sang naturally and wanted to give the best and not to disappoint my band.

I did introduced ourselves by saying - "We called ourselves After Hours because we practiced after works". And then intentionally, I didn't tell them about our first song because it was differently interpreted and re-arranged to match instruments used in our band. The first song is popularized by Faye Wong, 我願意(I'm Willing (Wo Yuan Yi)).

The second song we attempted was Sway by Michael Buble. I sang much better compared with many occasions because it was played live and collaborated with this band.

The third song was Black Magic Woman by Santana. This was the song I mentioned earlier where I faced so many obstacles because the pronounciation and rhythm doesn't sticks to the beat and count. But I did it well tonight. It gave me an opportunity to change genre of singing differently.

I'm still uploading some videos taken from my digital camera of the performance. Now, there's only half of a song had been uploaded. Take a look first:





I will upload more next time. And, I would also like to thank Reuben, Mafex, Jo and Boyce for recording video for me as well as take photographs of our performance. Appreciated it!

2 comments:

yenc said...

CONGRATULATION!
Great performance!

weipeow said...

yalu yalu!...cool!