Friday, June 12, 2009

Hazy Friday Morning

Taken on December 2008.

Taken on today, 12th June 2009.


I just woke up and realised how wonderful today shall be: I'm on half day leave to head down to Muar for Vince's wedding as I have to decorate her bridal car. It's kind of exciting.



But I actually woke up even earlier than previous days. It's the haze effects. It is not funny at all. I remembered that few days ago, I couldn't sleep well at night - it was rough, still and warm. I was sweating and the air was dead still. I felt nose blocked every morning.

It is not unbearable. I think all of us have to bear the consequences. We get quite used to this kind of situation thanks to our beloved neighbour country. But the worst, I still see people practice open burning from their house. How untolerant our masyarakat is.
Maybe it is about feng shui. It predicted that this year is not going to be a great year. I'm not superstitious. I want it to make sense too. There are certain things that make me believing it. But I try not to be. Really, not to be.


Well on top of the haze matter, I received a shocking SMS yesterday. It was a bad news - a friend from Penang had just passed away. He had health problem but it was actually quite sudden. I felt shocked. All I could do was to pray for him - may he rest in peace.


Earlier, few days ago, my friend who fetched me home from dinner and thought of drop by to look at my painting, got into minor accident with an Indian.
As we all know, PJS7 is "Little India of Sunway". After the accident happened, very unsurprisingly, alot of fellow Indians came up to us and shouted about it. It wasn't my friend's fault. His car was at one side of the road heading to the apartment, while the Indian's car was at the other side but the tyre was slightly at our side of road. That's cause the crashes. The proof was on my friend's car - all the scratches were the textures of the tyres.

Back to story, my friend argued with the Indian driver about it because it was not his fault. But we were surrounded by many Indians. Anyway, we "settled" it by ourselves. Although it was not our fault, we have to reluctantly paid him the money. I did contributed some money to pay it off. I felt we were only two little kittens with many wild black dogs. Me and my friend were the only one at our side to defend on the situation. Well, as a matter of fact, I always think majority seems to be the bigger player in all sorts. I contributed to pay a part of the sum (not really alot of money) to rest the case so that it washes us off from many troubles.

One of them said "We are not here to fight, we are gentlemen, we just want it
SETTLE". - Oh Bloody Yes! When I got into car, and I told my friend about how injustice it was, but that little sum of money bought us our safety and assurance.
Well, what a great morning it is! I have to get prepare to work again.

No comments: